Thunder in My Mind
This Abstract Painting
Original handmade abstract art. I used my hands mostly in making this abstract art painting. A different feeling from using a paintbrush or other tools as I can actually literally feel the painting as it evolves.
Brown and shades of pink seem to dominate this handmade abstract art painting.
I wanted to experiment with using the colour brown in this abstract art painting. A colour that I don’t use frequently as I’m still trying to understand its communication.
Brown is the colour of earth and in my early childhood, I experienced living in an environment surrounded by sand and a lot of it. Brown was the most dominant natural colour that I experienced for many years of my life.
Brown is associated with security, healing, organic, home and warmth. But it also represents autumn and winter. Brown provides feelings of history and connection as well as cosy feelings of relaxation.
Initially, I wasn’t sure which direction was the painting moving to, but it started to come together slowly each time I added different colours and felt the painting in my hand.
The painting process progressed a lot smoother than I expected as I wasn’t sure about communicating and understanding the language of brown.
I’m so pleased with the end result and it encourages me to use brown in other paintings.
- 100% cotton stretched canvas 70 x 100 x 3.8 cm (28x39x1.5 inch).
- Acrylic and mixed media.
- Each painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- The sides are painted acrylic white.
- Fitted with hanging brackets and wire – ready to hang.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back.
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips to frame and care for your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.