This Abstract Painting
I made this modern abstract wall art painting using oil paints. I find oil paints to be an amazing medium. Their properties and characters are wonderful to work with. I also enjoy using acrylics in my work, oil paints are completely different.
Layer upon layer of oil paints makes you actually see the artwork developing. It is slow progress but that is an essential part of working with oils.
Creating this painting was no different. Time and patience are always needed to develop the connection with the colours and their energy. Blue is the most common colour in the world and that is shared between men and women.
There is something that attracts us to this cool colour. It’s calm and confident. But too much of it can be overwhelming, so I added warmer colour energy of dark red and yellow ochre.
And as always, I use my favourite colour – white. The colour of space and a new beginning. I like space in my life and my paintings. I haven’t used my other favourite colour, black, in this painting because simply its power and assertiveness are not needed here.
I used my favourite palette knife to build several layers waiting a week or two before adding another layer. I like using my palette knife and watching how it drags the paints across the surface of the canvas. There is some beauty in that action alone.
As with all paintings and particularly, abstract art, take your time and allow the painting to draw you into it to begin enjoying its beauty.
- Material: High quality oil paints on 380gsm unstretched canvas 100% cotton, primed, acid-free.
- Canvas Size: 356 x 457 mm (14″ x 18″)
- Mat mount and backing board size: 456 x 610 mm (17.95” x 24.01”)
- The painting is unstretched but mat mounted professionally in acid-free white mat (see images on this page). The painting and mat are not framed.
- This painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips about framing and caring of your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.