There was a Time
This Abstract Painting
Handmade abstract oil art for a living room adds a great statement on its own. The main two colours I used in this oil painting are black and white. Great contrast between two very powerful colours. Black is an extremely powerful colour as it needs to assert its authority.
Black colour is always associated with power, mystery, sophistication and elegance. The intensity of black can almost overwhelm any other colour in the colour spectrum (Rainbow).
White colour, on the other hand, is quite the opposite. It’s soft, cool, pure and promotes organisation. I like white colour because to me it means a new beginning and space. I like a lot of space in my life.
High contrast colours, such as black and white, can be seen from a distance but also create an amazing beautiful visual impact in any room. The contrasting colour concept is used extensively in interior design.
I used those two colours but also mixed many different shades of black and white. So, there are much more than two colours in the painting. Mixing colours is an integral part of creating any painting in any medium. It is always a great experience every time I mix colours to produce others with the values needed.
Mixing oil paints is a great experience in itself. This is where the importance of understanding your painting mediums can demonstrate deeper knowledge not only of the medium itself but more importantly how to use it to its maximum.
Mixing oil paints is an art all by itself. It takes a great deal of time and effort to perfect and when you get to that stage, it just becomes a joyful experience.
I also used a hint of pink to the very contrasting colours of black and white. It adds a light warm feminine touch creating a nice balanced composition. Pink is a calming and kind colour that brings perhaps a little bit of romance to such dominating colours.
I’m sure we all like a bit (or maybe a lot) of romance in our lives.
- Material: High quality oil paints on 380gsm unstretched canvas 100% cotton, primed, acid-free.
- Canvas Size: 356 x 457 mm (14″ x 18″)
- Mat mount and backing board size: 456 x 610 mm (17.95” x 24.01”)
- The painting is unstretched but mat mounted professionally in acid-free white mat (see images on this page). The painting and mat are not framed.
- This painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips about framing and caring of your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.