Summer 1970 Something
- MDF board with double wooden frames, overall dimensions 54 x 87.5 x 5.5 cm (21x34x2 inch), weight 6.6 kg. The board was tripled Gessoed in the initial preparation before creating the painting.
- The painting is fitted with heavy duty hanging brackets ready to hang with a couple of screws. Please see the images below.
- High quality acrylic paints and mixed media.
- The painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
This Abstract Painting
Creating this painting on MDF board was a new exciting and challenging project. I have painted on MDF boards many times before and it can be a great experience as the surface adds a great texture and feel to any painting. I am currently working on 4 other MDF boards to create new paintings. It is so different from painting on cotton canvases.
The title of the painting is about the nice side of the Seventies. No internet, no mobile phones, no computers, no social media, no video games, no 247 TV. It felt you were more free from the addiction of the electronic world. More time to have fun and have a great time with real people.
The colours of the sunlight, hope, happiness and optimism. The painting is full of happy memories of people connecting together. It is about the simplicity of life that we all are searching for now.
Those were the days my friend.
Double framing. As I was creating this painting, I began to see (in my head) the double framing on this painting. It took me some time to figure it out but it was not as difficult as I initially thought. I placed the wooden frames on top of the painting board which I think gives it a great depth.
The total weight of the painting board and frames is 6.6 kg. Rather than a hanging line, I fitted two heavy duty brackets on the back of the board which can be screwed to the wall for added safety.
In the next project, I will fit the double frames on the back of the board, which will give a different look to the overall painting and frames.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.