This Abstract Painting
This colourful abstract oil painting is created with thick layers of oil paint. It took me a very long time to finish this painting as I had to wait long periods before adding other layers. I used my favourite palette knife, mainly, to carefully add layer after layer of oil paints. I like to use a palette as it adds great shapes, lines and texture.
“Take your time and slow down” is all about creating a beautiful abstract oil painting. I find the entire process of creating an abstract oil painting to be extremely relaxing, satisfying and positively energetic.
I’m fascinated by the emotional power of colours, shapes and lines. Different shades of yellow ochre seem to dominate the painting. Ochre is a natural clay earth pigment that ranges in colour from yellow to deep red/brown. This beautiful colour was used in prehistoric and ancient times by many different civilisations.
Yellow ochre is a very relaxing colour and combined with white – the colour of freshness, simplicity and space – creates a great feeling of natural harmony.
Every painting I make is a story of a special journey in my life experience and rather than telling you my story, I prefer if you can find yours.
Give yourself some time to look at the painting and I hope you will be able to find something meaningful to you.
- Material: High quality oil paints on 380gsm unstretched canvas 100% cotton, primed, acid-free.
- Canvas Size: 356 x 457 mm (14″ x 18″)
- Mat mount and backing board size: 456 x 610 mm (17.95” x 24.01”)
- The painting is unstretched but mat mounted professionally on acid-free white mat (see images on this page). The painting and mat are not framed.
- This painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips about framing and caring of your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.