This Abstract Painting
This colourful abstract oil painting on canvas is full of summer energy. I like colours in my life and each season of the year brings along its unique range of colours. Summer colours are vibrant and promote positivity, happiness, optimism and hope.
Using my favourite palette knife, I built several layers of oil paints slowly and gradually to create a stunning combination of a busy and energetic abstract oil painting.
I also used a paintbrush to create different shapes and find a link between all the colours and shapes.
Like colours, shapes have also several meanings and associations. I prefer nature’s shapes, particularly undefined organic shapes. In my opinion, nature creates some of the most amazing irregular shapes that are naturally comforting and pleasing to look at and enjoy. Take the example of cloud formation, leaves, tree branches, tree bark shapes and texture. There are no hard edges or sharp angles in nature.
What may seem imperfect shapes in nature is actually what makes nature so perfect.
Vibrant hot colours of reds, yellows and oranges are full of positive energy and blend well with the cooler colours of blues, purples and greens. The overall composition creates balanced energy that would bring a great atmosphere to any living room.
Working with oil paints is very rewarding, particularly when creating abstract oil paintings on canvas. As much as I try to predict the outcome, it always amazes me to see how oil paints slowly begin to connect with each other.
One of the most beautiful effects of abstract art is that there is no reference to a recognisable object, so you are not guided or restricted to a particular subject. Abstract art allows us to create our own individual meanings and stories freely and without any boundaries.
Oil paints have been used by artists since the 7th century (or perhaps even earlier) and remain one of the most popular artist’s mediums today. It is hard to describe in words the true feelings of working with oil paints and every time I create a new oil painting brings me deeper in appreciation of this amazing medium. Painting in oil colours is a fantastic experience.
We all need such energy and the emotional power of colours works like magic on lifting our moods.
- Material: High quality oil paints on 380gsm unstretched canvas 100% cotton, primed, acid-free.
- Canvas Size: 356 x 457 mm (14″ x 18″)
- Mat mount and backing board size: 456 x 610 mm (17.95” x 24.01”)
- The painting is unstretched but mat mounted professionally in acid-free white mat (see images on this page). The painting and mat are not framed.
- This painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips about framing and caring of your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.