This Abstract Painting
Abstract acrylic artwork is a joyful creative process and is full of positive energy. I used a few colours to make this beautiful abstract acrylic artwork – black, white, violet and pink. I do not usually use pink a lot but it worked really well in this painting.
Violet is very close to purple but the difference is that violet appears in the visible spectrum (rainbow), whereas purple is simply a mix of red and blue. Violet has the highest vibration in the visible spectrum.
Similar to purple, violet contains the energy and strength of red with the spirituality and integrity of blue. This is the union of body and soul creating a balance between our physical and our spiritual energies.
From a colour psychology perspective, purple and violet promote harmony of the mind and emotions, contributing to mental balance and stability as well as peace of mind.
A great link between the spiritual and the physical worlds, between thought and activity. Violet and purple support the practice of meditation.
I also used black which is an incredibly strong and intimidating colour that exudes authority and makes us feel secure and protected. White, on the other hand, is the colour of purity and innocence. It is a true balance of all colours.
White is associated with cleanliness, simplicity and perfection. It also promotes open-mindedness and self-reflection. Both colours are known to provide several psychological effects of power and authority as well as simplicity.
The psychology behind colour is fascinating and ever-expanding. With that said, new meanings are always coming to light. The more knowledge we acquire, the more informed we become.
- 100% cotton stretched canvas 70 x 100 x 3.8 cm (28x39x1.5 inch).
- Acrylic and mixed media.
- Each painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- The sides are painted acrylic white.
- Fitted with hanging brackets and wire – ready to hang.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back.
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips to frame and care for your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.