This Abstract Painting
Black and white abstract art holds great depth and energy. These two colours are the most contrasting in the colour spectrum. Very powerful colours each attempts to dominate the space. Black can make its presence known using a small area, In contrast, white needs to cover a much larger area to establish itself.
And that’s how I created a balance between the two contrasting energies. I have allowed white to occupy most of the canvas space and disjointed black dominance. Although I used some white oil paint, I allowed more of the white canvas surface to show its beautiful texture.
Shades of warm colours, red and yellow, add balanced energy to the overall painting.
This oil painting includes my three favourite colours: black, white and yellow (gold). I use these three colours in many of my paintings. To me, they hold wonderful meanings and representations of life energy.
Yellow (or gold) is the colour of the sunlight, the main source of all energy. White reflects all lights/ energy and black absorbs all.
Because I used thick layers of oil paints, it a long time for the painting to dry and fully cure. In total it took 14 months before I applied a thin layer of protective varnish.
Working with oil paints demands time and a great deal of patience. And this is one of the reasons many artists move away from oil paintings.
- Material: High quality oil paints on 380gsm unstretched canvas 100% cotton, primed, acid-free.
- Canvas Size: 356 x 457 mm (14″ x 18″)
- Mat mount and backing board size: 456 x 610 mm (17.95” x 24.01”)
- The painting is unstretched but mat mounted professionally in acid-free white mat (see images on this page). The painting and mat are not framed.
- This painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips about framing and caring of your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.