This Abstract Painting
A striking colourful abstract oil painting combines some of the art elements to create a stunning painting full of energy.
You can immediately feel the energy of red and yellow contrasting very well with the other cold colours. Black also establishes itself beautifully adding quite a bit of weight to the painting. Black is a powerful colour yet promotes security and stability – one of my favourite colours.
(You might be interested to know What Does Your Favourite Colour Say About You?)
Blue, in its various shades, promotes imagination, inspiration and sensitivity. The colour blue is the most popular colour in the world and that applies to both men and women. It is associated with beautiful meanings, such as sincerity, loyalty, stability, trust and intelligence.
Blue is a calming and relaxing colour but it also gives the impression of authority. Blue is almost everywhere in nature and that is where it takes its positive associations from – nature.
I have also added a few line marks to create stability and strength as one of the main elements of the painting.
The creative process of abstract painting is never an easy one. Creating something beautiful and, more importantly, meaning out of nothing is not a simple matter. However, the journey itself is absolutely wonderful and amazing.
Great artists go beyond the obvious and familiar but manage to create amazing artwork. It takes great effort to create timeless artwork.
One of the reasons I’m fascinated by abstract painting is I follow no rules, no restrictions and no limitations. It is the ultimate freedom of visual expression. Another reason is that it allows the viewers to assign their own meaning to the artwork and that’s what counts, in my opinion.
- Material: High quality oil paints on 380gsm unstretched canvas 100% cotton, primed, acid-free.
- Canvas Size: 356 x 457 mm (14″ x 18″)
- Mat mount and backing board size: 456 x 610 mm (17.95” x 24.01”)
- The painting is unstretched but mat mounted professionally on acid-free white mat (see images on this page). The painting and mat are not framed.
- This painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips about framing and caring of your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.