Little Piece of You
This Abstract Painting
Contemporary abstract art can add a great atmosphere to any room, such as a living room, an office space, a meeting room or even a public venue.
Painting abstraction isn’t about creating recognisable images, it’s more about the expressive quality of the paint trying to get across your feelings. It’s a little more tricky to see where are the challenges within the images you are making. Why they are not feeling as satisfied as you were aiming for?
These are some of the challenges and questions that I come across every time I create a new contemporary abstract art painting.
Some people might say, it’s easy to look at abstract paintings and say they are abstracts and they are all the same. But in fact, abstraction is different from artist to artist. This is particularly true when it comes to the contemporary abstract art genre.
This contemporary abstract art painting clearly shows the gestures and movements of the oil painting brushstrokes and the added layers of oil paint. There are a lot of actions in this painting. The oil painting brushstrokes aren’t impulsive or improvised but are carefully applied on the surface of the canvas.
Vibrant colours of reds, oranges and yellows bring great energy to the painting. The colder colours of blues and greens add a nice balance to that energy.
The painting includes thick and light oil brushstrokes, heavy and light paints, and beautiful interaction between several colours. All of these variables are really allowing the painting to come together as a whole.
Each colour has a space of its own. For example, hot colours push themselves forward while cool colours tend to be calmer and quieter in our eyes – they press back into the space sitting in the background.
Contemporary abstract art paintings allow you to stay open to the idea that there are many different and profound ways to express oneself through painting.
- Material: High quality oil paints on 380gsm unstretched canvas 100% cotton, primed, acid-free.
- Canvas Size: 356 x 457 mm (14″ x 18″)
- Mat mount and backing board size: 456 x 610 mm (17.95” x 24.01”)
- The painting is unstretched but mat mounted professionally in acid-free white mat (see images on this page). The painting and mat are not framed.
- This painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips about framing and caring of your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.