This Abstract Painting
A contemporary abstract oil painting created using three colours – black, gold and white. Although I didn’t use white paint, as such, I used the white background of the canvas itself. Therefore, only two oil paints were actually used to create this unique original abstract oil painting.
I always prefer to use fewer colour paints and rely on mixing them to create additional colours. Mixing my own colours gives me greater control of the colour’s hue and shade. I do like to create different shades of the same colour as it projects greater depth in the painting.
Several shades of black and grey are obvious in the painting, as well as gold shades. Mixing gold and black produces beautiful shades of green which will depend on so many other elements, e.g. the type of gold colour. Without going into many details, I can create amazing earthy colours with a hint of green by mixing black and gold. Light earth colour gives a comfortable subtle feel to any surface, one of my favourite colours. I think most of us like earthy colours because it is natural colour.
Mentioning favourite colours; this painting has my three favourite colours – black, white and gold. I use those colours a lot in my paintings as I believe they have great associations with several beautiful meanings, such as space, a new beginning, energy, vitality, elegance, wealth, protection, power and mystery.
Strictly speaking, black is not a colour as it is the absence of all colours. I find it to strengthen and enhance other colours.
It takes great effort to create a contemporary abstract oil painting that promotes positive energy.
We all like a bit of energy in our lives.
- Material: High quality oil paints on 380gsm unstretched canvas 100% cotton, primed, acid-free.
- Canvas Size: 356 x 457 mm (14″ x 18″)
- Mat mount and backing board size: 456 x 610 mm (17.95” x 24.01”)
- The painting is unstretched but mat mounted professionally on acid-free white mat (see images on this page). The painting and mat are not framed.
- This painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips about framing and caring of your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.