This Abstract Painting
This abstract oil painting canvas artwork consists of several warm and cool vibrant colours. Yellow, orange, pink, red, blue and black. These are the colours of the top layers. The lower layers include different shades of white, grey and black.
All my abstract paintings are created using several layers. I like working with layers, however, with oil paints, there are certain methods to apply. For example, wet paint on wet paint, wet on semi-wet and wet on dry.
These are some of the most important methods to apply when working with oil paints to ensure each layer dries appropriately without affecting the layers below or above it.
Drying time plays a major part in the entire creative process. The more layers, the longer it takes to dry. This painting, for example, took me 9 weeks to complete and left to completely dry and cure for almost 12 months. A thin coat of varnish was applied to give the painting final protection.
You cannot rush the oil painting process. It needs a lot of care and attention, and most definitely, a great deal of time to dry and cure.
The colours are generally lively and stimulating. The lightness and darkness of the oil paints used in this painting create a nice sense of depth. The busy energy of summer is very uplifting that evokes optimism and hope.
The black mark-makings add strong balance, sophistication and elegance. Some of my favourite colours that I like using are yellow/orange shades with black. The contrast that these colours produce is beautifully amazing and stands out clearly from the crowd.
Hanging this painting in any room will make its own statement. A statement that is described by the colours, shapes and lines interpreted the way you choose.
- Material: High quality oil paints on 380gsm unstretched canvas 100% cotton, primed, acid-free.
- Canvas Size: 356 x 457 mm (14″ x 18″)
- Mat mount and backing board size: 456 x 610 mm (17.95” x 24.01”)
- The painting is unstretched but mat mounted professionally in acid-free white mat (see images on this page). The painting and mat are not framed.
- This painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips about framing and caring of your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.