This Abstract Painting
Abstract painting makes no sense is a common phrase that is very much linked when it comes to abstract art. But it can be an amazingly beautiful art.
So many times I’ve heard the phrase “abstract painting makes no sense” from family members, friends and others. It is always our human nature to identify and reference everything we come across as something familiar. Our minds struggle with unfamiliar objects or subjects.
I wrote a small article about this subject. If you are interested in learning more, please have a look at Abstract Art Makes No Sense.
It’s actually simpler than what many people think. It is another language but it uses our emotions and feelings to connect and communicate with us, rather than using words.
And that is all about abstract art.
I paint my feelings using my feelings and to appreciate any abstract painting, you need to use your feelings, too. Just let go and let your feelings decide. Give it time and allow the painting to draw in. However, abstract art isn’t necessarily for everyone and that is fine too.
This is a busy painting with a lot of energy and movement in it. But, after a while, you will notice that there is balance and harmony among the colours, shapes and lines. They all tell different but beautiful stories.
Like all non-representational paintings, the same painting could evoke different feelings and viewers may see different meanings in it. The beauty of this type of art is that it can connect and communicate with anyone if you just allow it to do so.
It took me a while to work on this painting and to maintain a connection with it. That is part of the journey that each painting takes me. I enjoy it a lot more when the journey is long and full of challenges.
As always, it has been a great joy and experience creating this painting.
- High quality acrylic paints and mixed media on a thick card. The card was tripled Gessoed in the initial preparation prior to creating the painting.
- Painting size: 45 x 63.5 cm (17.6 x 25”)
- Mat mount size: 54 x 75 cm (21.25 x 29.5”)
- The painting is mat mounted professionally on a white mat (see images above). The painting and mat are not framed.
- This painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back.
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips to frame and care for your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.