This Abstract Painting
A bright-coloured painting is made up of a mix of beautiful warm acrylic paints. The dominant colour is yellow ochre – one of my favourite colours.
Ochre is the name given to natural earth pigments containing iron oxide, which provided the earliest painters in history with colour ranges in the yellow through the red spectrum.
Yellow ochre is an earthy colour that can be mixed using the primary colours and white. Great colour and I use it a lot in many of my paintings as it adds beautiful brightness.
Mixing yellow ochre is simple and you can produce a wide range of different shades. I enjoy mixing my own colours. The process itself is so enjoyable as you see the colours slowly develop right in front of you.
I added other colours including red, violet, blue and a few touches of black and white.
I’m a right-handed person but I used my left hand to paint the entire painting. It was a different experience and I could tell that my brain was trying to adjust to this new idea and kept pushing me into using my right hand.
Creating abstract paintings allows greater flexibility to experience almost anything you want during the creative process. There are no boundaries, no limits to the possibilities of the painting process.
- 100% cotton stretched canvas 46 x 61 x 2 cm (18x24x0.78 inch).
- Acrylic and mixed media.
- Each painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- The sides are painted acrylic white.
- Fitted with hanging brackets and wire – ready to hang.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back.
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips to frame and care for your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.