Art of Stillness
This Abstract Painting
Original abstract wall art created with acrylic paints. This medium is amazingly very versatile as it allows you to create endless beautiful paintings. Acrylic paints attract the interest of many artists as well as art collectors.
In this original abstract wall art painting, I used red, yellow, blue and a few touches of black and white acrylic paints as the main colours of the painting.
I also mixed other more subtle colours to add more depth to the painting.
A fantastic combination of acrylic paint colours was used to create this original abstract wall art painting. However, the creative process focused on the forms, texture, pattern and composition bringing all the colours together and creating a visual story that has no beginning and no end. Each viewer can decide what the story is all about.
It is what it is you want it to be.
I used the three primary colours, red, yellow and blue with shades of black hue in a few areas. Looking at the red paint, is it red-red or red-orange? And looking at the yellow, it is more orange, could be red-orange too. It is actually more yellow ochre. (By the way, mixing yellow ochre and black can create some fantastic colour shades of darkish ochre).
Blue, looks more blue-green. A great calming colour between two powerful colours, red and black. Blue adds a nice balance with the help of a touch of white.
In the language of colour psychology, red is considered the colour of romance, strength and physical prowess. Red can also mean danger or threat.
Yellow, as we all know it, is associated with sunlight – the feeling of happiness and hope. It gives the feeling of optimism and well-being. It is actually one of my favourite colours and I use it a lot in my abstract paintings.
White always symbolises purity, youth and innocence also it means simplicity and freshness. Black, on the other hand, is often used to symbolise mysteries. Black is also associated with power, strength authority and elegance.
Furthermore, black colour is the absence of colour. It is typically associated with the unkown. I use it a lot in my abstract paintings mixed with other colours.
Black is one of my favourite colours. Our favourite colours can say quite a lot about our personality. I find it very interesting to keep learning about the influence of colours on our moods and also colour psychology.
I find colour psychology to be an amazing field that could take your mind and feelings into another beautiful dimension. You really don’t need to thoroughly understand it, just give yourself time to feel the colours. It’s that simple.
- 100% cotton stretched canvas 46 x 61 x 2 cm (18x24x0.78 inch).
- Acrylic and mixed media.
- Each painting is finished with a light coat of varnish.
- The sides are painted acrylic white.
- Fitted with hanging brackets and wire – ready to hang.
- It is worth noting that the actual colours of the images shown here may slightly vary depending on your screen.
- Each painting is signed and dated on the front and back.
- A Certificate of Authenticity is shipped with each painting.
- Packaging: The painting will be wrapped in acid-free material and delivered in an appropriate postal package.
- Environment: My little contribution to the environment. I do my best to hand-write, as much as possible, to minimise paper and printing waste. I also try to recycle packaging materials, where possible.
Please check these tips to frame and care for your painting.
Interested in This Painting?
I would be delighted to provide any further details and discuss your requirements. Please drop me an email quoting the painting title and I will contact you shortly.